Friday, December 27, 2013

PagPag: Siyam na Buhay Movie Review

Hey Guys Albert Ibay here.
I just got home from the theaters with my Best Friend and her family and the first movie we watched was Pagpag: Siyam na Buhay. I've got to say that was one of the best horror film I've seen in a while, though at times predictable.... Well at others gave me a heart attack. I really recommend you guys to watch it.

SPOILER ALERT

The Actors were really played well, To tell you the truth I hated Hannah throughout the movie and well at one point or another felt sorry, But Hey! its obvious that she's spoiled and not really worth Cedric's (Daniel Padilla) time. You could say at one point she was right since Cedric played with her heart, yet at the point before she died she said she was gonna commit suicide and later we see her talking to her friend on the phone telling her friend how great she is as a Drama queen. So yeah.... I'm so very happy that she died.

Also Daniel Padilla was doing a great job with his Bad boy role despite the fact we see him in almost every show he's been in as a committed lover. Its quite a nice change of perspective seeing Daniel performing a more sophisticated role like that.

As for Kathryn Bernardo She seems to still have her same personality we've seen for the past few months. Yet she still managed to do this film right. More points for her seeing as she was with Daniel.

Now for the story.

Its quite original, yet it still has some cliches we normally see on horror films, like for the fact the spirit suddenly stops making his presence then BOOM his right next to you..... But at some points it was completely unpredictable like at the pool. Damn that almost gave me a heart attack. The story, going through the folk lore of what should not be done at a burial gave it its ominous presence If I say so myself. Macmac the younger sibling of Lenny (Kathryn) due to him not being able to talk, I concluded that he was the son of the Antagonist and I was right. Told you Kath.
Anyways the stories plot twists was quite predictable yet did a fine job keeping it interesting.

All in all I'll give this movie a 7.9/10

1 comment: